MEDIActive Youth – Transcontilental Initiative Project, supported by the Erasmus+ Programme (KA2 Capacity Building for Youth) was succesfully realised. The project was coordinated by CDER and brought together 11 youth NGOs from Europe and Latin America. The project capitalized and additionally improved the results of the MEDIActive Youth project implemented in 2015/16.
In a world where the role of media has been so great that a term ‘mediacracy’ (the rule of media) has been frequently used to describe it, the need for media literacy and media activism of young people and youth NGOs is apparent. That was the main topic of the project.
- Increasing the capacity of youth NGOs in the field of media literacy
- Strengthening media promotion of youth policy and democratic values
- Create informational/media hub between Europe and LA in the field of youth policy
- Strengthening human and ICT resources of 11 youth NGOs from Europe and Latin America in the field of media literacy/activism
- Providing media literacy and media activism skills for 33 youth workers from 11 partner NGOs
- Creating a multilingual OER – two Moodle courses in the field of media literacy and media activism
- Technically, visually and contentually improve the transnational e-Magazine for youth policy and democracy
- Establishing cooperation among partner NGOs
- The following main results were achieved:
- Training course in media literacy and media activism realised: 39 youth workers trained; 11 blogs launched
- Two multilingual Moodle courses in three languages in the field of media literacy and media activism were created and published: https://www.mediactiveyouth.net/courses/
- e-Magazine was redesigned and launched online (https://tymagazine.net)
- e-Magazine Android and iOS applications created